Thursday, March 17, 2011

Patty the Herm Plant.


So, this is not really a goal, buuuuut... I'm too excited about it. It also might be the first step toward completing a goal, so it totally counts.

Meet my new friend, Patty.
Today, it is beautiful and sunny here in Bellevue. Not only that, but it is St. Patrick's day. What better way to celebrate a day about the color green (okay, so maybe that's not all it's about... beer & potatoes too, right?) as well as the thing that helps green things grow (I'm talking about the SUN and ONLY THE SUN. Rain and I are currently enemies), than by purchasing an adorable, precious little plant?

There is no better way. So that's what happened.

Patty may not be perfect (a few nicks on some leaves here & there), but herm sure makes my cubicle less dreary.
And so, Patty made herm way home to my cubicle from the local QFC. Obviously, part of Patty's name relates to the day. Also obviously, it's for herms everywhere (because Pat is the quintessential herm name, duh). And Patty is definitely a herm; shim loves Activia, carries a fanny pack, and only wears unitards. Okay, maybe not the unitards.

As for how this applies to my goals, let's take a looksie at #29: Plant an indoor herb garden. The only thing I've ever been able to keep alive (plant-wise... Moose is still alive & kickin', despite my best efforts) is a bamboo plant. Bamboo is virtually indestructible, so it really wasn't that hard. An herb garden, I'm imagining, is going to take considerably more work than looking over every month or so and thinking "oh, there's no water in that bamboo vase. Wonder how long it's been like that. Welp, guess I better refill." So, Patty is my practice herb garden, because herm will probably need a little more attention than my bamboo, which should help prepare me for them herbs. Unless I kill it by next week.

Don't kill me please! (We'll see, Patty, we'll see...)

Here's hoping Patty and I have a long, beautiful future together. Happy St. Patrick's Day from us both.

1 comment:

  1. And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours (Patty).

    ReplyDelete