Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Starting Over...

I love reading blogs. I love reading these little snippets of others' lives, whether the focus is travel, fashion, home, or just ideas about life in general.

I am not, however, so keen on writing a blog myself. I can see how brilliant other people are, and it makes me feel silly to think that anyone would want to read anything that I have to say. This blog, in fact, was created a long time ago and never used; I think the title is silly, and I never published anything because I am a big chicken with terrible follow-through (to prove that last part: guess who never sent Thank-You notes after her wedding? This chicken.)

I am also an English major, so the thought of making typographical or grammatical errors in public gives me panic attacks.

BUT...

I am, with several others, trying to complete 101 goals in 1001 days (you can Google the concept; we totally stole it), and a blog is a great way to keep track & on-task. Plus, they started their blogs (and goals) first, so I am just a follower. That's a much more comfortable place for me to be. Thanks friends.

So, without further ado, here are the 101 things I will be trying to complete in the next 2.75ish years... that's not exact math, BTW. English major. Math hater. Aaaanyway...

1. Knit a red snood
2. Do a sprint triathlon
3. Get my master’s degree
4. See the last “Harry Potter” movie at the midnight showing
5. Get ice cream at Maryanne’s in Santa Cruz
6. Visit Forks
7. Write a story
8. Take a French class or buy Rosetta Stone
9. Give up meat for Lent
10. Send Christmas cards
11. Donate blood
12. Make book canvas
13. Make a blueberry pie from scratch
14. Start a blog  <--CHECK!
15. Get a teaching job
16. Touch flat hands to the floor without bending my knees
17. Cut my hair short
18. Go to NYC while we live in FL
19. Make a wish on 11/11/11 at 11:11
20. Participate in a flash mob
21. Make an entire meal from Barefoot Contessa
22. Go on a Vegas trip with Kaela
23. Visit Amalia in Austin
24. Get a year membership to a yoga studio
25. Read All the King’s Men
26. Take a photography class
27. Post an outfit picture on the blog
28. Visit the San Juans
29. Plant an indoor herb garden
30. Do 3 detoxes
31. Make a wedding album
32. Donate jewelry I don’t wear
33. Visit a state I’ve never been to
34. Picnic at Chateau St. Michelle
34. Get the Jetta spruced up
36. Make a “You Are My Sunshine” wall thing
37. Paint a watercolor to frame
38. “Meatless Mondays” for 1 month
39. Learn the continent of every country
40. Drink only water for 1 week
41. Visit London
42. Leave a note in a book and donate it
43. Learn to play 3 (new) songs on the guitar
44. Take a ballroom dancing class with Andy
45. Play a game of street hockey
46. Eat/cook vegan for a week
47. Sell my old jeans
48. Take at least 1 picture per holiday/party/trip/wedding
49. Make cheese straws
50. Write down 1 thing I’m thankful for each day for 1 month
51. Take a train trip
52. Sketch & frame Eiffel Tower
53. Visit Savannah, GA or Charleston, SC
54. Visit Victoria & meet Moriah
55. Have a “finished” bed (good mattress, good bedding, bed frame)
56. Make a Bouche de Noel
57. Have a Lucy & Jess only day
58. Call Mom once a week for 2 months
59. Use gift certificate at Toulouse Petit
60. Get Jessica Brown a passport
61. Send someone a “just because”care package
62. Do abs/pushups every other day (no Sunday) for two weeks
63. Go to a book reading/signing
64. Use gift certificate to Pearl
65. Read a biography
66. Play hooky
67. Wear shorts with tights underneath
68. Take a walk around Green Lake
69. Sing in public
70. Eat an apple a day for 2 weeks
71. Keep a change jar for 2 months, then buy something fun
72. Have a conversation with a homeless person
73. Get an eye exam
75. Make a recipe from Smitten Kitchen
76. Make a confession publicly
77. No coffee for one month
78. Go thrifting
79. Cook one “seasonal” meal per season
80. Get bra-fitted
81. Have a tea party, Amie-style
82. Go through a “skincare routine” every night for 2 weeks
83. Give Andy a compliment 1st thing in the morning every day for 1 week
84. Say “rabbit, rabbit” on the first of every month
85. Take a Barre class
86. Plan a surprise party
87. Run the Bolder Boulder (or another 10k)
88. Learn a new word each week for a month; use in a sentence
89. Make a birthday cake from scratch
90. Give a stranger a compliment
91. Play in a soccer game
92. No caffiene for a month
93. Read a non-fiction, non-biography
94. Have a pillow fight
95. Roll over 401k
96. Make my own body scrub
97. Read a book with Andy
98. Visit Orange Beach
99. Complete this goal by September 15, 2011
100. Complete this goal by January 15, 2012
101. Complete this goal by December 12, 2012 

So I guess this is one down... 100 (yipe) to go!

PS: Does that thank-you note thing count as #76? Or is that me trying to cheat already...? This is gonna go well.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Jess. I love your blog. I want everyone to have one, especially since I live so far away in Bothell. When Kaela comes next weekend, we are going to do some of her goals (I think) like make an Italian dinner from scratch, make a loaf of bread, and make a pie from scratch. Maybe we could combine that with your blueberry pie. Just an idea. Feel free to slumber party with us next weekend also.

    ReplyDelete